Kipoi - Seminar
The monthly virtual seminar series is designed as a platform for interested Kipoi users and developers and will host talks on the applications of deep learning on biological data. The seminar is held on every first Wednesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. CET. We are also happy to share the recordings of the seminar on YouTube.
How to take part
The Virtual Seminar Series takes place via Zoom. To take part in the seminar, you can register for the online Zoom conference here. Your personal join link will be valid for all upcoming lectures of the series.
How to apply as a speaker
The seminar is a great opportunity to present your recent work to a large international audience. If you want to apply as a speaker, please use the contact in the registration confirmation email.
Title: Effective gene expression prediction from sequence by integrating long-range interactions3 November 2021 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Central European Summer Time
Speaker: Žiga Avsec, DeepMind, UKAbstract:
How noncoding DNA determines gene expression in different cell types is a major unsolved problem, and critical downstream applications in human genetics depend on improved solutions. Here, we report substantially improved gene expression prediction accuracy from DNA sequence through the use of a new deep learning architecture called Enformer that is able to integrate information from long-range interactions (up to 100 kb away) in the genome. This improvement yielded more accurate variant effect predictions on gene expression for both natural genetic variants and saturation mutagenesis measured by massively parallel reporter assays. Furthermore, Enformer learned to predict enhancer–promoter interactions directly from the DNA sequence competitively with methods that take direct experimental data as input. We expect that these advances will enable more effective fine-mapping of human disease associations and provide a framework to interpret cis-regulatory evolution.
- 3 November 2021 - Žiga Avsec, DeepMind, London
- 1 December 2021 - TBD
- 6 October 2021 - Mohammad Lotfollahi, Technical University Munich/Helmholtz Zentrum, Munich
- 1 September 2021 - Ansh Kapil, AstraZeneca, Munich
- 4 August 2021 - Christina Leslie, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York
- 7 July 2021 - Qiangfeng Cliff Zhang, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- 2 June 2021 - Johannes Linder, University of Washington, Seattle
- 5 May 2021 - Anshul Kundaje, Stanford University, Stanford
- 7 April 2021 - Yingxin Cao, UC Irvine
- 3 March 2021 - Avanti Shrikumar, Stanford University, Stanford
- 3 February 2021 - Uwe Ohler, Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin
- 2 December 2021 - Ron Schwessinger, Radcliffe Department of Medicine, Oxford
- 4 November 2020 - David Kelley, Calico, San Francisco
- 7 October 2020 - Vikram Agarwal, Calico, San Francisco